Friday, April 17, 2020

New Normal 3 #coronalife

Day 14: It’s warm and sunny! Being outside and seeing neighbors (6 feet apart) is uplifting! I spent a very sleepless night waking abruptly over and over as I dreamt that I touched my face! The warnings about not touching our faces is obviously getting to me. 😱

Day 15: Watching online church in my pjs and missing my Bell choir. At least it’s still sunny! 😎 My disposition...no so much.

Day 16: My brother, Jack, is taken to the hospital by ambulance. Much anxiety as Pam can’t go in with him, and we must all just wait for news. Still spring weather so I uncovered my deck furniture and gas grill. Ordered new cushions because my old ones are in storage. Sunshine makes everything a little better! The only news we have about Jack is that he has blood clots in his lungs & will have a procedure tomorrow. He was also tested for Covid.

Day 17: Not sorry to see March end! Jack is having his procedure but there’s no real news. I finally get to talk with him in the evening. He’s doing well considering. What.A.Month! My morning decision involves whether/when to change from pjs to yoga pants. In the afternoon I start thinking about what to have for dinner. My evening decision is only white or red? I am still brushing teeth, washing hands and exercising. Yay me! πŸ€ͺ Doorstep delivery...a canvas painting from Cara! 🎨

Day 18: I keep reminding myself, “God is in His heaven. All is right in the world.” 🌺🌸🌼🌻πŸ₯€ I gave my Gal Pal zoom a tidbit of info from my grandson, Tyler, regarding the governor requiring all students to repeat their grade next year. So i was pranked! It’s April Fools Day, but I forgot. I didn’t discover this until long after the zoom session ended. πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ Jack’s Covid test is negative, and he’s being released!

Day 19: Trent has successfully used ApplePay in Walgreens and touched nothing. Yay! I need to try that. Started doing Disney photo books with Drew. The trips were 2017 and 2018...it’s time! πŸ°πŸŽ’πŸŽ†πŸŽ‡

Day 20: And it’s Friday again and nothing memorable is happening. I get bakery cookies and do a doorstep drop off for my Morgantown families. πŸͺπŸͺ

Day 21:  It’s the weekend, but there’s really no discernible difference anymore. I miss watching the kids sports! After leaving for the grocery store at 6:30 am, masking and gloving up like a surgeon (or bank robber) , shopping while trying to maintain a 6 foot distance, coming home to Lysol my credit card, car keys, groceries and disinfect myself, I have decided eating is highly overrated!

Day 22:  Another online service...Palm Sunday. Making my mom’s spaghetti sauce virtually with Ryan. It’s a process. We nailed it though!
🍝 Take a break to walk and enjoy the sunshine! 🌞

Day 23:  It’s Monday. We’re beginning our 4th week of quarantine! I’ve pretty much hit a wall today. Thank God for my neighbors and our daily walks! Take some spaghetti sauce to Trent’s family and get to have a sidewalk visit.

Day 24:  Deliver sauce to Adam’s family and have a sidewalk visit. More walking...

Day 25: What a miserable rainy Wednesday! I did enjoy a movie produced by Adam’s 3 kids...lots of laughs as i watched it!

Day 26:  Going through photos today and cherishing the memories. Tonight isolation reached a whole new level...no power in our neighborhood for hours. I was woefully unprepared with 31% cell phone battery, one flashlight and a Yankee candle!

Day 27:  Power came back! Josh mixed my hair color and did a door drop. I successfully touch up my roots! Yay!

Day 28:  Today I pick up cupcakes for my Morgantown families and go to CVS for my allergy medicine. They have toilet paper which has been out of stock everywhere! I snag two 4 packs! Woohoo! I email a gift card to grandson, Owen, in Ohio.

Day 29: Easter Sunday worship online plus delivering the cupcakes and gift cards to the Morgantown families. A driveway Easter dinner with a few neighbors...all of us social distancing. A FaceTime with Adam’s family and a zoom with Ryan’s family. First Easter ever without any family. 😒

Day 30:  We lost power again due to high winds! And a cold front has swept in! Freeze warnings have been issued...seriously! My daily walks are becoming increasingly challenging! πŸ₯Ά Drew and I are reading “To Kill a Mockingbird” separately and discussing chapter by chapter. I’m enjoying this so much and am touched that this was his idea!

Day 31: Looking for my sense of humor...still cold, windy, rainy, miserable...holy crap it’s snowing!
Gal Pal zoom happy hour was fun however. For the first time since quarantine it was just too awful outside to walk at 5 so I did an exercise video.

Day 32: Hump day but hump of what...week days and weekends all blur together! It’s freezing, but we walk anyway. I’ve become obsessed with “All American” on Netflix and have finished the entire first season in three days!

Day 33: More cold, more rain, more wind...brrr! I almost get online soup but Saladworks has run out. I can pick up tomorrow however.

Day 34: I pick up my curbside soup and stop for cat food. The kittens have a well visit Monday but my doctor’s appointment is via telemedicine...lol! I toyed with stopping at Kroger but, after seeing the enormous amount of cars in the parking lot, I decided to pass. We walked while being pelted with rain...it was that or nothing! Funny game via FaceTime with Adam’s crew! Bad news about Ryan’s family dog, Lucie. Her tumor is cancerous and there is no treatment. So sad!

No comments: