Thursday, April 29, 2010

Now What!?!
















Before..............................& After


Last Sunday afternoon I was faced with a dilemma. I had the time & weather to clean out my garage, but I knew I would have to have trash at the edge of my driveway until Thursday unless I scheduled a special pickup. Obviously, I opted to go ahead with the garage clean-up & let the chips fall where they may with the trash. I actually did call the trash service on Monday & failed to reach anyone who could help me. On Tuesday I tried again & was told that they would pick up some of the trash on Thursday but the rest would have to wait until the "bulky goods day" pickup on the second Thursday in May. Yikes! I have been trying to hide from the neighbors for the past few days as I fully realize this is an eyesore, but there's no way I can make myself scarce until the second week in May. Now I'm not quite sure how to proceed. I need to get this stuff out of here but in my sedan that would be lots of trips. And I'm not quite sure where to take this stuff anyway. I've had two suggestions: to call freecycle to pick the stuff up (if there's one in our area I am so onboard for this) or throw a tarp over everything until the second Thursday in May. So check out the pictures above to see just how overwhelmingly helpful my trash service was today in picking through this trash & taking a couple of bags...Geez!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee, and how much do you pay a month for that trash service, Jill? I guess not enough for them to reinforce you for your hard work.

Seriously, join Freecycle. The link I left on Facebook for you is the Fairmont organization. Just leave notice of a "curb alert". At least it works around here.....